(Last Revised on 23 November 2017)
1. The terms on which you may use our website
3. About us
- 3.1 We, Bettys & Taylors of Harrogate Ltd, trading as Taylors of Harrogate, operate this website https://www.taylorsofharrogate.co.uk. We are a company registered in England and Wales under company number 00543821 and our registered office is at 1 Parliament Street, Harrogate, HG1 2QU, England. Our main trading address is at Pagoda House, Plumpton Park, Harrogate, HG2 7LD. Our VAT number is 405696146.
- 3.2 You can contact us: By email at: firstname.lastname@example.org. By phone: 01423 814000. By post at: Company Secretariat, Bettys & Taylors of Harrogate Ltd, 1 Parliament Street, Harrogate, HG1 2QU, England.
- 3.3 We are a limited company.
4. Restrictions on your use of our website
- 4.1 You may only use our website for lawful purposes.
- 4.2 In addition, you must not:
- 4.2.1 use our website to send or transmit, whether directly or indirectly, unsolicited or unauthorised advertising or promotional material, chain letters or pyramid selling schemes;
- 4.2.2 use our website for mail bombing or flooding or to make deliberate attempts to overload a system;
- 4.2.3 knowingly or recklessly introduce to our website, or use our website to transmit, any viruses, trojan horses, worms, logic bombs, time-bombs, keystroke loggers, spyware, malware, adware or other materials which are malicious or harmful;
- 4.2.4 attempt to gain unauthorised access to our website, the server, equipment or network on which our website is stored, any server, computer or database connected to our website or any software;
- 4.2.5 use our website to attempt to gain unauthorised access to any other website, internet account, server, computer, equipment, system, network, data or information;
- 4.2.6 use our website to monitor data or traffic on any network or system;
- 4.2.7 use our website to collect or use information, including without limitation email addresses, screen names or other identifiers, by deceit (such as phishing, internet scamming, password robbery, spidering, scraping and harvesting);
- 4.2.8 use our website to distribute software;
- 4.2.9 carry out a denial-of-service attack or a distributed denial-of-service attack on our website or use our website to carry out any such attack on any other website;
- 4.2.10 use our website to groom, harm or take advantage of minors in any way or to attempt to do so; or
- 4.2.11 use our website in violation of export laws, controls, regulations or sanction policies of the United States or any other country.
5. Passwords and security requirements
- 5.1 If you register an account on our website you must provide accurate and complete registration information and keep that information up to date at all times.
- 5.2 You may need a user identification code and password in order to access certain parts of our website. It is your responsibility to keep this information secret and confidential and not to disclose it to any other person.
- 5.3 If you think that somebody else might know your user identification code and/or password then you must log in to your account and change these as soon as possible.
6. Our website and its content
- 6.1 We do not guarantee that access to our website, or the content on it, will always be available or uninterrupted. Your right to access our website is given on a temporary basis only.
- 6.2 We reserve the right to change our website and the content on it, including without limitation by adding or removing content or functionality, at any time.
- 6.3 We make no warranties, representations, undertakings or guarantees that our website or any content on it will be free from errors or omissions.
- 6.4 The content on our website is provided for general information purposes only.
- 6.5 We make no warranties, representations, undertakings or guarantees that our website is secure or free from bugs or viruses. You are responsible for ensuring that the device from which you access our website has suitable anti-virus software in place.
7. Intellectual property rights
- 7.1 We, or our licensors, own the copyright and all other intellectual property rights in our website and all content on it.
- 7.2 Taylors and Taylors of Harrogate are registered trademarks of our holding company Bettys & Taylors Group Ltd, a company registered in England and Wales with registration number 00500829.
- 7.3 You may download content from our website and/or print a reasonable number of copies of any page on our website. You must not make any changes to any content which you have downloaded or printed from our website. If you reproduce the downloaded or printed content in any medium you must ensure that you reproduce it accurately and completely and include a statement acknowledging that it is sourced from our website.
8. Links from our website to other websites
- Our website may contain links to other websites from time to time. These links are provided for your convenience. We have no control over, and no responsibility or liability for, those other websites or their content.
9. Links from other websites to our website
- 9.1 You may create a link to our website from another website, but only if you comply with the following conditions:
- 9.1.1 you may only link to our website from a website which you own, or which is owned by a third party who has given you permission to link to our website; and
- 9.1.2 you must not suggest that we have any association with you, or any third party, or that we approve or endorse your website, or any other website, or any of your, or any other party's, products or services unless we expressly agree that you can do so.
- 9.2 We reserve the right to require you to remove any link to our website at any time and without giving you prior notice.
10. Our liability to you
- 10.1.1 death or personal injury resulting from negligence;
- 10.1.2 fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation; or
- 10.1.3 any other matter for which we are not permitted by law to exclude or limit our liability.
- 10.2 All warranties, conditions and other terms relating to our website and/or its content which would otherwise be implied by law (whether by statute, common law or otherwise) are excluded.
- 10.3 We will not be liable to you for any loss or damage arising out of or in connection with your use of (or inability to use) our website or your use of or reliance upon any content on our website, whether in contract, tort (including without limitation negligence), misrepresentation, restitution, under statute or otherwise.
11. Applicable law
12. Founding Member Testing Panel
All applications to be a Founding Customer are subject to the following terms and conditions:
12.1 What is a “Founding Member”?
A Founding Member is a person who successfully applies to sit on a testing panel of 500 Founding Customers, who will help Taylors of Harrogate to shape our e-commerce business, which will be operated via our website www.taylorsofharrogate.co.uk (the “Website”) and the new products that we will sell via the Website, as described below.
Founding Customers will be:
- given early access to the Website and a new range of products before their public launch;
- invited to participate in some of the following tests:
- Price test: 100 people will be asked to complete a pricing survey. They will be shown an image of the proposed new product range and product descriptions and will be asked to complete a pricing survey;
- Collateral Test: 10-15 people will be invited to a face to face qualitative workshop where they will be asked to assess the pros and cons of a number of box designs. For this, their expenses will be paid and they will be offered a hotel stay;
- Beta Test: we will invite all 500 testing panel members to do an end to end test of the completed Website, including platform, product and operations; and
- given the opportunity to purchase some of our new products before anyone else. When we officially launch the Website (currently planned for April 2018), we will password protect it for the testing panel members for 2 weeks before the launch to the general public.
- 12.2 How to apply to be a Founding Member
12.2.1 We will accept applications to be a Founding Member from 9am on 2nd February 2018 until we have signed up 500 members.
12.2.2 To apply to be a Founding Customer:
a) complete the application form on the landing page of the Website by providing your name and email address in the relevant boxes;
b) submit your application by clicking on the box entitled “Sign Me Up”.
c) open the email we send you and click the box entitled “Become a Member”
d) complete the 5 minute survey about your tea and coffee drinking habits.
12.2.3 All completed application forms must be received by us via the application form on the Website by no later than [TIME] on the Closing Date. Any applications received after the Closing Date will not be considered.
12.2.4 Any personal information that you provide to us as part of your application and thereafter will be used in accordance with the terms of our privacy & cookies policy.
12.2.5 By submitting an application form to us, you are agreeing to be bound by these terms and conditions.
12.2.6 Following receipt of you completed application form, you will be sent an email with a survey. You will be asked to fill in the survey in order to be considered for a place on the testing panel.
12.2.7 The decision as to whether to accept you as a Founding Customer will be made at our absolute discretion based on your responses to the survey.
12.3.1 All residents in the UK aged 18 years or over are eligible to apply to be Founding Customer, except:
12.3.2 employees of Bettys & Taylors of Harrogate Ltd or its holding or subsidiary companies;
12.3.3 employees of agents or suppliers of Bettys & Taylors of Harrogate Ltd or its holding or subsidiary companies, who are professionally connected with the testing panel or its administration; or
12.3.4 members of the immediate families or households of (a) and (b) above.
12.4 In submitting an application to be a Founding Customer, you confirm that you are eligible to do so. Bettys & Taylors of Harrogate Ltd may require you to provide proof that you are eligible to submit an application.
12.5 Bettys & Taylors of Harrogate Ltd will not accept applications that are:
12.5.1 automatically generated by computer;
12.5.2 completed by third parties or in bulk;
12.5.3 illegible, have been altered, reconstructed, forged or tampered with; or
12.6 There is a limit of one application per person Applications on behalf of another person will not be accepted.
12.7 Completed application forms and surveys cannot be returned.
13. Founding Member Testing Panel
- 13.1 A total of 500 places on our testing panel are currently available, but we reserve the right to increase or decrease the size of the testing panel at our absolute discretion at any time.
14. Confirmation of Successful Applications
14.1 All applicants who complete the process detailed in item 2.2 will be successful in their application to become a Founding Member. Confirmation of this will be communicated on completion of the survey.
14.2 Bettys & Taylors of Harrogate Ltd does not accept any responsibility if you are not able to take up your place on the testing panel.
15. Limitation of liability
- Insofar as is permitted by law, Bettys & Taylors of Harrogate Ltd and its agents will not in any circumstances be responsible or liable to compensate any applicant (successful or otherwise) or accept any liability for any loss, damage, personal injury or death occurring as a result of taking up their place on the testing panel except where it is caused by the negligence of Bettys & Taylors of Harrogate Ltd or its agents or that of their employees. Your statutory rights are not affected.
16. Ownership of applications, surveys and intellectual property rights
- 16.1 All applications and any accompanying material submitted to Bettys & Taylors of Harrogate Ltd will become the property of Bettys & Taylors of Harrogate Ltd on receipt and will not be returned.
- 16.2 By submitting your application, survey and any accompanying material, you agree to:
- 16.2.1 assign to Bettys & Taylors of Harrogate Ltd all your intellectual property rights with full title guarantee; and
16.2.2 waive all moral rights,
in and to those materials and otherwise arising in connection with your application to which you may now or at any time in the future be entitled under the Copyright, Designs and Patents Act 1988 as amended from time to time and under all similar legislation from time to time in force anywhere in the world.
17. Data protection and publicity
- 17.1 You further agree to participate in any reasonable publicity required by Bettys & Taylors of Harrogate Ltd.
- 17.2 By applying to be a Founding Customer, you agree that any personal information provided by you with your application may be held and used only by Bettys & Taylors of Harrogate Ltd or its agents and suppliers to administer the testing panel in accordance with the terms of our privacy & cookies policy.
- 18.1 If there is any reason to believe that there has been a breach of these terms and conditions, Bettys & Taylors of Harrogate Ltd may, at its sole discretion, reserve the right to exclude your application, or to exclude you from the testing panel.
- 18.2 Bettys & Taylors of Harrogate Ltd reserves the right to hold void, suspend, cancel, or amend the application process for the testing panel, or the testing panel, where it becomes necessary to do so.
- 18.3 These terms and conditions shall be governed by English law, and the parties submit to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England and Wales.